This scrub is suitable for dry, normal and oily skin. Don't be afraid of the olive oil, you won't use much and you don't leave it on your skin. Plus, the molecules of olive oil are too large to clogg your pores. If you have sensitive skin, substitute the lemon juice with tea (take a look at the notes below).
Please don't use this scrub if you are allergic to any of it's ingredients! Don't let it get into your eyes! Don't use it, if you have open wounds due to acne or else.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp black sugar or any other sugar you have at hand
- Take a small bowl and mix all the ingredients together. Start by pouring the olive oil first, and then add the honey. This way your honey will come off the spoon easily because of the thin coat of oil left on it. Then add lemon juice and sugar. Mix well.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes. Stirr again and now you have your homemade honey black sugar scrub.
- Please apply only to clean skin! Wet your hands and apply with circular motions. After one minute, rinse it off with lukewarm water. Patt your face dry and apply serum and/ or moisturizer.
|After letting it sit for 10 minutes, the consistency will be more paste-like.|
- The fruit acids, especially the vitamin c of the lemon will lower the ability of your skin to fight the damaging effects of UV-rays for some hours. So please use this scrub in the evening/ at night time only.
- If you like, you can substitute the lemon juice with some tea, like green tea, peppermint tea (refreshing!) or chamomile tea.
- You can also use this as a body scrub. Just change the measurements from teaspoons to tablespoons. It's also a nice lip scrub.
- You will have plenty of product left, so store it in the fridge. It should be usable for about a week. If it starts to look/ smell/ behave funny any time earlier, there are probably funny things going on and you should discard it.